ClubGRANTS: Community Development Support Expenditure (CDSE) Grant Scheme.
North Ryde RSL Community Club Ltd. participates in the ClubGRANTS Scheme, a community development funding program sponsored by local clubs and administered by Ryde City Council. This scheme enables registered clubs to provide grants for specific community development and support projects.
Each year North Ryde RSL provides grants to valuable projects in the community. Last year, this amounted to over $480,000 in Category 1 and Category 2 donations and included donations to:
- Eastwood District Rugby Union Football Club
- North Ryde RSL Youth Club
- North Ryde Community Aid & Information Centre
- 9 Intra Clubs of North Ryde RSL
- North Ryde Sub-Branch of the RSL of Australia
- Ryde Family Services
- Alzheimer's Australia NSW
- Royal Life Saving Society Australia (NSW Branch)
- Sydney Legacy
- Little Wings limited
- Hunters Hill Ryde Community Services Incorporated
- Soldier On
- RSL of Australia Welfare & Benevolent Fund
- Vision Australia
- The Northcott Society
- Sir Roden & Lady Cutler Foundation Incorporated
- Wesley Community Services Limited
- Ryde Area Supported Accommodation for Intellectually Disabled
- Muscular Dystrophy Association of NSW
- Epilepsy Action Australia
- Ryde Hunters Hill Life Education Centre
- North Ryde RSL Welfare Fund
- Eastwood Charcoals
- Ryde Eisteddfod
There were also many local schools, associations and charities that benefited from donations made by North Ryde RSL.
A ClubGRANTS Local Committee is established each year to identify local priorities and needs for grants and to make recommendations to local clubs. The Ryde City Council coordinates the Scheme in the Ryde LGA for expenditure defined as 'Category 1' covering the areas of:
- Community Welfare and Social Services
- Community Development
- Community Health Services and;
- Employment Assistance Activities
Applications for other forms of assistance (Category 2 grants) are dealt with directly by local clubs.
See the ClubGRANTS section on the Clubs NSW website or call Council's Customer Service Centre on 9952 8222.
North Ryde RSL welcomes all requests for charitable donations, however due to the volume received is not able to support every request.
Requests must be made in writing to the Board of Directors and include:
- Details on the event or cause
- Specific details on how the Club can support the event or cause
- How the request will benefit the local community
- How the partnership will benefit North Ryde RSL
The Board of Directors meet fortnightly, therefore written submissions need to be provided at least 1 month prior to the date required in order to be considered.
Requests should be addressed to:
The Board of Directors
North Ryde RSL
PO Box 44
North Ryde NSW 1670